Hey, Business Owners! Get Social With #WeAmaze
Since 2014, the West End BIA has using the #WeAmaze hashtag on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to share stories about our neighbourhood. In addition to an annual summer photo contest, the #WeAmaze hashtag feed is a great place for your business to tell its own story online. The intent is to create a chorus of voices around what makes the West End such a special place to live, work and visit.
Have a story you’d like share to our over 22,000 social followers? Contact Blanca Blandon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We continue to invest in WEBIA photographers to provide YOU with access to as many social media tools as possible.
Visit our Flickr account for free access to photos of the West End, updated monthly!
We just kindly ask that you tag @westendbia and use our hashtag #WeAmaze.
Get Involved With West End Events!
Here’s how your business can get involved in the various summer events in the West End:
- Get involved in social media conversation using the official West End BIA hashtag #WeAmaze and follow @WestEndBIA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Host a vendor booth as an extension of your business during street festivals (Car Free Day on Denman and Pride Street Party on Davie). This is a great opportunity for a sidewalk sale, hand out swag, meet your neighbours and use prizing as incentives.
- Decorate your storefront (if applicable) during West End events.
- If you are a restaurant, café or pub apply for a patio extension during West End events. The West End BIA is able to assist with the application process.
- Host entertainment inside or outside your business to animate the space. Buskers, face painters, improv performers can help transform your space.
- Have staff on the street distributing samples or discount coupons.
Need more information? Contact Jamie Hughes at email@example.com for more information.
Curious about our work in the community? Learn more about the West End BIA:
City of Vancouver resources:
- West End Community Plan (November 2013). Additional City of Vancouver resources relating to the West End Community Plan can be found here.
- AGM Registration and Membership Application Form
- Financial Statements March 31, 2017
- Presentation Budget 2018-2019
- Schedule A
- Executive Summary & Goal Matrix