UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE WEST END
Dining Out For Life is back for their 20TH Anniversary Year!
Dining Out For Life (DOFL) is BC’s largest restaurant fundraiser, celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year. For two decades, restaurants from Whistler to White Rock have come together to raise upwards of $3 Million for men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS.
Here’s what you need to know about it:
• This one-day annual event takes place Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
• Participating restaurants donate 25% of their food sales to support the work of registered not-for-profits Friends For Life and A Loving Spoonful
• Dine out for breakfast, lunch or dinner at any of the 100+ participating restaurants from Whistler to White Rock and across the Fraser Valley
• Dining Out For Life takes place in 60 cities throughout the US & Canada
• A couple spending $70 at a Dining Out For Life restaurant will provide meals for 5 people
In 2009, there were approximately 69,000 people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada. Over 25% of those (approximately 18,000 men, women and children) were reported in British Columbia. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside maintains the highest HIV infection rate in North America, affecting 30% of the local population, mainly women.
This year, Dining Out For Life is proud to partner with over 125 restaurants running the gamut from corner diners to fine-dining restaurants. For a complete and updated list of restaurants, visit www.diningoutforlife.ca.