Hey, Business Owners! Get Social With #WeAmaze
Since 2014, the West End BIA has using the #WeAmaze hashtag on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to share stories about our neighbourhood. In addition to an annual summer photo contest, the #WeAmaze hashtag feed is a great place for your business to tell its own story online. The intent is to create a chorus of voices around what makes the West End such a special place to live, work and visit.
Have a story you’d like share to our over 22,000 social followers? Contact Blanca Blandon at email@example.com for more information.
Get Involved With West End Events!
Here’s how your business can get involved in the various summer events in the West End:
- Get involved in social media conversation using the official West End BIA hashtag #WeAmaze and follow @WestEndBIA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Host a vendor booth as an extension of your business during street festivals (Car Free Day on Denman and Pride Street Party on Davie). This is a great opportunity for a sidewalk sale, hand out swag, meet your neighbours and use prizing as incentives.
- Decorate your storefront (if applicable) during West End events.
- If you are a restaurant, café or pub apply for a patio extension during West End events. The West End BIA is able to assist with the application process.
- Host entertainment inside or outside your business to animate the space. Buskers, face painters, improv performers can help transform your space.
- Have staff on the street distributing samples or discount coupons.
Need more information? Contact Jamie Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Curious about our work in the community? Learn more about the West End BIA:
City of Vancouver Resources:
- West End Community Plan (November 2013). Additional City of Vancouver resources relating to the West End Community Plan can be found here.