The West End Business Improvement Association (WEBIA) is seeking a full time Digital and Marketing Coordinator.
WEBIA is a not-for-profit society representing the interests of property owners and businesses on three commercial streets: Davie Street from Burrard Street to Denman, along the full-length Denman Street, and Robson Street from Denman to Jervis Street.
The association represents and promotes over 500 businesses including restaurants, bars, retail, services, accommodation,beauty/health/fitness, and nightlife. WEBIA’s mission is to ‘brand, promote and revitalize the West End.’ We work closely with the City of Vancouver, other BIAs, event organizers, the tourism industry and advertising partners to deliver on our mission.
Reporting to the Promotions & Event Manager on a day-to-day basis, the Digital and Marketing Coordinator has three main areas of responsibility: 1) digital and social media management, 2) the development and execution of campaigns, and 3) event and tourism support.
Between events and campaigns, WEBIA strives to have dynamic promotions year-round that directly benefit our businesses and showcase our neighbourhood. The duties below are provided to give a sense of the scope of this multi-faceted role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time as the role evolves and grows.
- Create and execute social media, website, and digital strategy for WEBIA & Jim Deva Plaza with an emphasis on promoting businesses, special events and WEBIA’s brand. Current social media platforms include Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Working with the Promotions & Event Manager, and coordinating with other BIAs and tourism partners, create and execute a series of campaigns that showcase and promote members.
- As directed by the Promotions & Event Manager, work with digital content creators/contractors including photographer, videographer, historian, and online influencers.
- With our web contractor, ensure the content of our website is up to date and the functionality of the website provides a great experience for users including the public and local businesses.
- Create captions and upload content to the website and social media channels, including but not limited to blogs, video, and images.
- Support communications with businesses and public via our eNews tool. In collaboration with the Manager, pull content from WEBIA staff and external government sources on a bi-weekly basis (approx.) to update businesses and property owners on news and events.
- Track and analyze digital portfolio via a monthly report using Sprout Social, WordPress, Mail Chimp and other digital management tools.
- The promotion and awareness of new businesses in the WEBIA catchment. Coordinating with the staff team, track new business openings and update contact information via WEBIA’s membership database; help new businesses take full advantage of WEBIA’s various promotional opportunities.
- With the Manager, create a digital strategy and report progress to the Promotions Committee regularly (usually monthly); review current online system and make recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up to date of the latest social media trends and advise staff and committee on new opportunities.
- As directed by the Manager, help execute event, placemaking and tourism marketing strategies; this will involve working with external suppliers, marking partners, and area businesses.
- Coordinate and execute annual Lumiere marketing campaign including digital, social media, website, onsite, public and media relations elements.
- Represent WEBIA as part of various committee, partnership, and strategy meetings.
- Connect and meet with members at their point of business to plan out their digital requirements and how WEBIA can support.
- Post-Secondary education and/or equivalent work experience in marketing or digital communications.
- Minimum of three-years work experience including high proficiency in social media, eNewsletter, campaigns and digital analytics.
- Demonstrated marketing campaign experience – examples welcomed.
- Strong analytical and writing skills required for preparing monthly written reports, official correspondence via eNewsletter, and daily emails to businesses and other stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative, team working environment.
- Good time management and organizational/project coordination skills – key strength is attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to achieve objectives with minimal supervision – seeks clarification when required.
- Event coordination and/or placemaking experience.
- Experienced using WordPress (website) and Mail Chimp (eNewsletter).
This role includes a blend of work from home, office work, onsite for events and being out in the community engaging with businesses, suppliers, and stakeholders. Office equipment will be supplied to
support the role, though a personal laptop and cell phone would be assets.
Typically, this is a Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm schedule. After-hour and weekend work will be common. Office work will be balanced
with work from home but a minimum of 2 days per week are required (when safe to do so) in office and/or on WEBIA’s commercial streets (which would increase during busy periods).
Expression of Interest
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and up to three examples of work to Jamie Hughes at email@example.com Examples of work may include a portfolio, website, social media channels, campaigns, blogs, etc. If you have any questions or require further clarification, please feel free to contact Jamie Hughes via e-mail.
The application deadline closes at 1PM, Wednesday July 21, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.