The West End Business Improvement Association (WEBIA) is a not-for-profit society representingthe interests of property owners and businesses on three commercial streets: Davie Street from Burrard Street to Denman, along the full length Denman Street, and up Robson Street as far as Jervis Street.
The WEBIA’s mission is to ‘brand, promote and revitalize the West End.’ The association includes over 730 business and just under 200 property owners. The business categories include restaurants, retail, services, accommodation, beauty/health/fitness, and nightlife.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Promotions Coordinator will:
Implement leading online and social media strategies;
- Coordinate a range of dynamic tourism and special event initiatives; and
- Work as a professional, strategic and effective team player.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Online and social media savvy – with a good eye for photography
- Extremely well organized – to a fault
- Result oriented – can-do attitude
- Professional and personable style – works to deadlines without being flustered
- Well-spoken including excellent writing and presentation skills
- Gifted using office software and able to work with graphic designers
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Minimum two years relevant experience in business or event environment. Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Marketing or Communications an asset.
Typically an office environment but will require being out in the community and engaging with businesses and stakeholders. Some after-hours and weekend work. Anticipate a busy summer event schedule. This is a contract position running until the end of 2015.
Email one page cover letter telling us why you are an amazing candidate, your resume and your LinkedIn profile URL to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2015. Looking to fill position end of March 2015.