The Tourism Challenge returns! This fun program is a seasonal opportunity for staff and volunteers actively working in the tourism industry to explore local attractions and discover the unique neighbourhoods that make Vancouver the amazing place it is. This year, the Tourism Challenge will run from April 23 – May 31, 2022.
The West End is home to a brilliant selection of murals created by talented local artists. This year, we invite Tourism Challenge participants to explore the West End’s growing outdoor art gallery.
To earn your West End stamps, complete 2 of the following challenges:
- Visit the spectacular mural created by Drew Young in 2018 located at 1015 Denman Street. What is this mural called?
- Find and take a photo with the “Proud Together” mural by Mandy Tsung located at 1022 Davie St (behind building in Pantages Lane) and tag #WeAmaze on Instagram.
- At Robson and Bidwell, you’ll discover a charming landscape mural by local artist Bonnie Ackland. This piece, designed for the owner of West End Paint and Hardware, depicts colourful houses, an inlet, and sailboats. How many sailboats can you count on this mural?
Next, make your way to one of our partnering businesses and show them your photo and give them your answers to receive your stamps!
We have three stamp locations to choose from:
- Peaked Pies – 975 Denman Street. Open daily from 8:00am to 9:00pm.
- The Quick Nickel – 1736 Davie Street. Open Monday to Thursday from 10:00am to 6:00pm, Friday and Saturday from 10:00am to 7:00pm, Sunday from 11:00pm to 6:00pm.
- House of Heat – 779 Denman Street. Open Sunday to Thursday from 11:00am to 6:00pm, Friday & Saturday from 11:00am to 8:00pm
Don’t forget to tag us in any photos you share on Instagram at @westendbia with hashtag #WeAmaze!
For more information on the Tourism Challenge, visit: www.tourismchallenge.ca
Photo credit: Vancouver Mural Fest