The last year has been a challenging one for the tourism & hospitality industry to say the least, however, there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. This summer it will be important to get back out into the community and explore everything that Vancouver has to offer!
The West End is participating in the Tourism Challenge as part of the Build Back Tourism 2021 program for the 6th year, and we are proud and excited to welcome everyone to our amazing neighbourhood.
The Build Back Tourism program, is a seasonal opportunity for staff and volunteers actively working at the attractions, hotels and partner locations to explore local attractions and #LoveVancouver from May 1 – September 30, 2021.
We invite Tourism Challenge participants to explore our “Three Great Streets” – Davie Street, Denman Street, and Robson Street. Our neighbourhood’s close proximity to English Bay, Stanley Park, and the downtown core is matched with a diverse and colourful community of amazing people.
To earn your West End stamps:
- Take a photo of yourself at two of three artful locations in the neighbourhood. Your choices:
1. The It’s Love Baby Mural at the corner of Davie Street and Thurlow Street
2. The A-maze-ing Laughter art piece at English Bay
3. Jasper, located at the corner of Robson Street and Jervis Street
Next, make your way to one of our partnering businesses and show them your photo to receive your three stamps!
We have three stamp locations to choose from:
- Peaked Pies – 975 Denman Street. Open daily from 8:00am to 9:00pm.
- The Quick Nickel – 1736 Davie Street. Open Monday to Thursday from 10:00am to 7:00pm, Friday and Saturday from 10:00am to 8:00pm, Sunday from 12:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Garden Health – 1204 Davie Street. Open Monday to Saturday from 10:00am to 6:00pm, Sunday from 11:00am to 6:00pm
Don’t forget to tag us in any photos you share on Instagram at @westendbia!
For more information on the Tourism Challenge, visit: www.tourismchallenge.ca